Long-tailed Shrike

Long-tailed Shrike
A resident in Singapore. I would say, it is a resident in Punggol. My siblings has spotted this bird since 50 years ago while we are staying in the old Punggol estate.
Now with the new estate, I still spot them at the Punggol Waterway and HDB estate.
Most of the pics capture here is at the Punggol HDB car park 5th floor rooftop garden.
I have not spotted the bird recently at the rooftop garden. Wonder has it decided to upgrade to a more beautiful garden?

Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Sep 1st - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.


Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Sep 15th - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.
Back View.

Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Oct 1st - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.
A resident here since I started birding in 2019. Happened to spot them mating.

Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Oct 1st - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.

Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Jul 5th - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.
Seems like mummy perk at baby for demanding too much LOL.



Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Jul 5th - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.
Feeding of chicks.


5th July 2020 - The reaction of chicks upon seeing mum.

Long-tailed Shrike.
2021 Jul 5th - Punggol HDB 5th floor rooftop garden.
Baby chicks.


200226 Punggol Waterway opposite Oasis Terrace

200205-Went to the roof top garden above the HDB car park again. This time I spotted a pair of them. Realised one bird will feed another with food. I guess I am correct. The smaller bird that I spotted in Jan was the child of the other. Wow.

200205-With its catch. A lizard.












Comments

Popular Posts