Plaintive Cuckoo

According to https://singaporebirds.com/species/plaintive-cuckoo/
Plaintive cuckoo is an uncommon resident in Singapore. However, I have not spotted plaintive cuckoo before and this time, I spotted it during migratory season. 

Plaintive Cuckoo.
17 Apr 2024 @ Car park C, Pasir Ris Park.
This one performed it's hunting skill infront of me. I guessed being alone helps. Though a common resident in SG, I hardly spotted them. However, 2024 is a year for Plaintive Cuckoo for me. Met them quiet a number of times.
Sony RX10iv.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2024 Mar @ Keppel Wetlands, Singapore Botanic Gardens.
What a surprise, when I stop searching for it, it appeared behind me.
Sony RX10iv.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2024 Mar @ Keppel Wetlands, Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Love it's eyes.
Sony RX10iv.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
The tail has a zebra  line design.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
This is the 1st time we met this bird. It was very sociable. Sitting there for many photographers to take of picture.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
This is the 1st time we met this bird. It was very sociable. Sitting there for many photographers to take of picture.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
Lucky to spot it calling and I can see its mouth, inside is red too.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
Cuckoo trying to catch the caterpilar.

Plaintive Cuckoo.
2022 Jan 22nd @ Jurong Lake Gardens.
Cuckoo eating the caterpilar.


Comments

Popular Posts