Blue-eared Kingfisher

 Rare resident and the size of a Common Kingfisher.
Information source ; https://singaporebirds.com/species/blue-eared-kingfisher/
Blue-eared Kingfisher.
Uncommon resident.
Feb 2024 @ Windsor Nature Park.
It was so tiny. Always not easy to take a good picture.
Sony RX10iv

Blue-eared Kingfisher.
Uncommon resident.
Feb 2024 @ Windsor Nature Park.
An environmental shot
Sony RX10iv

Blue-eared Kingfisher.
Uncommon resident.
Feb 2024 @ Windsor Nature Park.
Luckily, it did not move away too quickly. So I was able to play with slow speed to capture this pretty picture.
Sony RX10iv

Blue-eared Kingfisher.
A rare resident and was my 1st time sighting it since I started birding 3 years ago.
28th Oct 2022 @ Windsor Nature Park.
I couldn't help but kept exclaiming to myself (softly of course) "So beautiful" when I was taking the picture of this bird. My camera cannot pick up its details, it was really amazing that it is born with such colourful feathers. 
Canon SX70HS
Blue-eared Kingfisher.
28th Oct 2022 @ Windsor Nature Park.
The bird was actually standing next to me when I was busy on the phone sending messages when one birder came and told me about its appearance. His voice sent the bird flying away and he was actually quite mad at me for not able to hear what he told me LOL. Thank goodness, the bird appear again.
Canon SX70HS
Blue-eared Kingfisher.
28th Oct 2022 @ Windsor Nature Park.
This is the kind of image we see with our naked eye. We can still spot its shiny blue back.

Blue-eared Kingfisher.
28th Oct 2022 @ Windsor Nature Park.
With every rare bird appearance, the bird photographers will crowd around. The 1st spotter returned and since her cannot find a good spot, I gave away my spot to him. To me, he deserved the best spot since he was the one that spotted it.





Comments

Popular Posts